No one gets to decide when racism is dead.
It didn’t die after Emancipation.
It wasn’t vanquished after Civil Rights were achieved.
It didn’t run into a cave because a black man was elected president.
It didn’t take up sole residence in George Zimmerman.
Racism is here.
How in the world…
in a country where the native race was kicked from the land…
…and another race was enslaved to develop it…
could racism evaporate into thin air?
Wake up America.
Racism is the blood-stained string used to stitch this country together.
It’s in our office buildings, it’s on our streets, it’s in our homes.
The solution is to be ever vigilant of its immortality…
not jump at every opportunity to write its obituary.
- itsderry reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- itsderry likes this
- rigelandsirius likes this
- sans-nuage reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- tequilaandtiramisu likes this
- ezlncheerleader reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- d-ela reblogged this from trinibajan
- chaostheatre likes this
- ohyeah-iforgot likes this
- mademoisellealiyah reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- mademoisellealiyah likes this
- welliesexcellentadventure likes this
- magicalschoolbustonowhere reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- nprcensor reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- i-am-a-child-of-time likes this
- amodernmanifesto reblogged this from inkdefense
- amodernmanifesto likes this
- inkdefense reblogged this from trinibajan
- inkdefense likes this
- evergreenalex likes this
- thinkimreadytosingthistimee reblogged this from trinibajan and added:
- thinkimreadytosingthistimee likes this
- trinibajan posted this